The Goom Group Health and Safety Policy
“Be Safe, Not Sorry”
The Goom Group (Goom Landscapes, Compass Pools, The Little Big Tree Company) is committed to continuous improvement to ensure that all our activities take place under a balanced allocation of organisational resources, aimed at achieving the highest level of safety performance.
Our objective is to not only minimise our contribution to the risk of an accident as far as is reasonably practicable, but to also provide a safe and healthy working environment for employees and contractors.
Our policy promotes commitment to:
- Ensuring individual employees’ awareness and acceptance of accountability and responsibility for safe conditions and proactive safety behavior
- Providing safe and healthy working conditions for the prevention of work-related injury and ill health appropriate to the nature of our risks to which workers and others are exposed.
- Ensuring the management of safety as a primary responsibility of all managers and employees
- Establishing hazard identification and risk management processes to effectively mitigate the safety risks of hazard consequences to a point which is as low as reasonably practicable
- Ensuring that no action will be taken against any employee who discloses a safety concern through the hazard reporting system, unless such disclosure indicates, beyond any reasonable doubt, an illegal act, gross negligence or a deliberate or wilful disregard of regulations or procedures
- Complying with and wherever possible exceeding legislative, regulatory and company requirements and standards
- Ensuring that sufficient skilled and trained leaders are available to implement safety strategies and processes
- Establishing and measuring our safety performance against realistic safety performance indicators and safety performance targets and ensuring that safety actions taken are appropriate and effective
- Recognising employees who demonstrate safety excellence
- All workplace injuries, incidents and near miss events will be reported, recorded and investigated, accurately and in a timely manner
- Injured workers will be provided with the necessary support for a safe and structured early return to work
The active participation and safety commitment of all The Goom Group employees, contractors and suppliers, supports our own health and safety as well as the safety of our assets, our business and the wider community.
This policy applies to all workers and officers who carry out work for The Goom Group. All procedures must also be followed by workers contracted to complete work for the company. The contractor’s terms and conditions should include relevant health and safety arrangements.