Tait Electronics is an internationally recognized company based in Christchurch where it is one of the region’s largest employers. Time had come for the team to rethink their operational space. For a highly respected and successful telecommunications company they wanted their workspace to reflect their progressive workplace environment.
Goom Landscapes were involved at various stages in the design process setting up the master layout plan and providing services throughout the resource consent process. More than this however is how this project showcases our construction team’s skills in a large scale commercial setting.
The project was run as a design-build contract whereby Goom Landscapes developed most of the construction details themselves including the boardwalks and bridges, bollards, paving, wall details and lighting.
Prime Minister, John Keys, officially opening the site on the 16th April 2015.
Aspects key to the design and construction brief included:
• Create a park-like setting that is open to the public (extending the open space network of the neighbourhood directly adjoining Nunweek Park)
• Appreciate that this is the front face of Tait Electronics to which many dignitaries will be invited – it needed to reflect their high standards
• Provide a relaxing setting for the staff to retreat to – inclusion of walking tracks, varied seating areas and exercise stations
• Use of productive garden space – inclusion of fruit trees and food gardens
• Deliver on time and on budget to a higher than usual commercial standard